GSE

Saturday, May 06, 2006

What is it so important to talk about faith?

Written by Angelica
Discussion topic -Journal reaction

As a final article discussed in class about religious issues, I have to say that both the Islam article and its oral presentation were my favorites for several reasons. First of all, I felt comfortable with my listening and speaking skills during this discussion. If I have to give an explanation why I was feeling that, I think that my feelings related to the Islam faith has a direct relationship between the goodwill that implies to me talking about Islam and Christianity as two of the mainstreams religions worldwide. Furthermore, knowing that this is a faith followed by good friends makes me feel well, and it inspires such a nice respect for them. In addition, I could see in general some similarities between the Islam faith and Christian faith such as believing primary in one God, believing in Angels, testifying teaching of God through a holy book whether it was the Holy Bible or the Holy Koran, and believing in prophets including Jesus Christ.

Second of all, I would like to say that something different in my mind happened while I made comparison between the Islam faith and my own ones, the Catholic faith. Also, I want to say that I could not feel this connection before learning on other presentations even though there is a very big different between Muslim and Christians such as they do not believe in Jesus as God’ son. When I was typing this journal, I realized what happened. I respect the personal decision of anyone of choosing any kind of faith, and I felt that those (the Mormon faith and the Vineyard movement) do not say anything to me at all so far. Having religion movements is the most logical explanation of something in the world has drastically changed. And we have to keep in mind that religion is a controversial topic because there is not one better than other.

Finally, I want to say that I was so happy to understand that though someone has a religious preference different to us, we need to check every day our feelings, values, religious beliefs, and any kind of principles that regulate our behavior because it means being part of a modern society understanding and showing respect each others as a big family which are, human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home